Pearl Mantels Cast Stone Fireplace Mantel/Shelf
By Pearl Mantels
Cast Stone Fireplace Mantel/Shelf
Beautiful cast stone mantel shelf, made in the USA. Cast stone is a combination of all natural ingredients (aggregate, cement and iron oxides) resulting in the look and feel of solid stone, with comparable strength, but without the excessive weight. Each shelf is hand crafted from custom made molds designed to emulate the elegant variations, colors, and imperfections admired in natural stone.
- For use indoors or outdoors
- This shelf will ship crated on a pallet in three pieces, the shelf and two corbels
- Shelf will bear weight of 100 pounds over each corbel, evenly distributed
- The look and feel of solid stone, with comparable strength, but without the excessive weight
- Use indoors or out
- Masonry installation is required, please consult a professional if unfamiliar with this process
- A subtle Pearl Inlay adds a touch of elegance and distinction to each product
- Made in the USA
Each product will ship with a Pearl Certificate of Authenticity. The certificate is your assurance that you’ve received a genuine, fine furniture quality product from Pearl Mantels that will enhance any room in your home
- Install corbels on to the masonry by attaching the brackets with 3/8-in x 4-in lag screws using suitable anchors; you will need two per corbel.
- For even weight distribution of the shelf, mount corbels approximately 12-in from each end.
- After corbels are installed, apply mortar or construction adhesive, per manufacturer's product instructions, to the top of each corbel and to the back of the shelf.
- Set the shelf on top of the corbels, arranging it so that it is centered on the corbels and then press against the wall.
- If necessary, clean with a slightly dampened cloth; commercial cleaning products are not recommended.
- If this is new construction, the stone will go over the brackets keeping them out of sight; if this is a retrofit, use any stone parts that were chipped out to hide the brackets.
- If installing to drywall, it will be necessary to cut the drywall away and install additional blocking between the studs to support the weight of the corbels and shelf; hide the corbel brackets when reinstalling the drywall or hide with whatever material you may be using over the drywall (i.e. stone, veneer, tile...)
Cast Stone is not considered to be a combustible material, however we always recommend that heat clearances must be adhered to. If installing over a fireplace, check your local building codes and the manufacturer's instructions for your specific fireplace insert or stove.