With cooler weather in full swing, now is a great time to bring a plant stand and a bit more green into your home, especially if that green currently is sitting outside in the cold.
Whether you’re combatting winter gloom with lush foliage or looking to save delicate potted plants from frost damage, there are lots of great reasons to bring plant life indoors – and add an indoor plant stand or two to go with them.
Plant stands are a fairly straightforward décor addition, but there are many different options you can choose. Before we address variety, though, perhaps it’s best to start with purpose: What are plant stands for in the first place?
Why Indoor Plant Stands?
Plant stands actually have a fourfold purpose. They:
- Elevate plants to a more convenient height for viewing and care.
- Allow you to place plants in more strategic locations to provide ideal light levels.
- Protect other surfaces from damage caused by dirt, water and rings from the pot.
- Add dedicated space that can reduce clutter and keep plants safe.
With all these functions combined, plant stands are a useful tool for integrating plants into a room design.
Types of Indoor Plant Stands
If you’ve decided that your foliage needs its own space in your house, consider these various types of plant stands:
- Tall plant stands are a standard design, consisting of a single narrow pedestal or table just big enough for your plant. These offer the best placement for viewing your plant or letting it catch the perfect spot of light.
- Tiered plant stands are multilevel shelves designed to accommodate numerous plants at once. These can be great for creating a beautiful indoor garden or mixing décor elements with your plants.
- Nesting plant stands are something of a cross between the standard tall stands and the tiered design that offer flexible height and placement. Nesting plant stands also tuck away neatly under one another to maximize space when not in use.
- Low plant stands that sit barely off the floor are great additions if you want to keep your plants at a low level while protecting your flooring or rug from unsightly stains, rings and other damage.
Once you know the options, it’s as easy as choosing the perfect design for your home. Plant stands are a simple addition that can go a long way in ensuring your space works best for both people and plants alike!