Add traditional texture and dimension to your mantle this year with our DIY holiday ornament tips using fresh greens!
Follow the steps below for a perfect DIY ornament.
- Clear glass ornaments
- Fresh greens (we used eucalyptus and pine)
- Pruning scissors
- Fake snow
- Baker's twine
1. Use your pruning scissors to trim the stems of your greens so they'll fit into your ornaments.
2. Carefully remove the top of a glass ornament.
3. Place 2-3 stems of your choice inside.
4. Add fake snow to give the piece more dimension and texture.
5. Replace the metal top once you've got the look you want.
6. Tie a piece of baker's twine around the hook and hang your ornament.
Ta-daaa! So simple! I use these ornaments to decorate my mantel, but they look amazing anywhere: on your tree, in the window or even left loose on your console or coffee table!
Shop the look:
Marquee Star Light | Elk Antler | Fox Stocking | Owl Stocking | Steel Basket | Pine Cone & Berry Garland | Sheepskin | Accent Chair