When summer heat strikes or your home gets a bit stuffy, a portable fan is a great way to bring a gentle breeze to whatever space needs it most. Portable fans include a range of different sizes from petite personal fans to larger fans that can circulate air for an entire room. Any of these offer the convenient ability to move the fan from room to room or perfectly position it for optimal air flow.
If you’re searching for the ideal portable fan for your home, there are a few different options that can work in a variety of spaces. The main types of portable fans include:
• Tower fans – These are tall and narrow in design, so they don’t take up much floor space. Frequently they will oscillate from side to side, so even though they aren’t very wide, they can cool a wide area.
• Box fans – The largest style of portable fans, box fans are square or rectangular and intended to move large quantities of air. Some are even designed to fit in windows to easily bring in a lot of fresh air from outdoors.
• Floor fans – These are freestanding fans that are generally around 3 or 4 feet tall. They offer a good amount of airflow and are very easy to aim right where you want them.
• Desk fans – These are smaller fans that are meant to sit on top of a desk or table. Desk fans are perfect for personal use or cooling off a workspace.
• Clip on fans, – Generally small and lightweight, these personal fans can clip on to the edge of a desk, bookcase, or shelf to be exactly where needed.
Almost any of these are available with a few extra features, so keep an eye out for oscillating fans and models with timers or remote controls.
How to Cool Off With a Portable Fan
Portable fans are the perfect solution for rooms that only need a breeze for part of the year. They are typically small enough to fit on a desk or table and come in many different sizes.
Your Recently Viewed Items
You have no recently viewed items. After viewing product detail pages or search results, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to products you are interested in.