*This product is a special order item and available to purchase online or by speaking to an associate at this selected store. Choose from store pick-up or home delivery. Standard charges apply for home delivery. (learn more)
Between 1926 and 1933 some 200 Ford Trimotors were built in Ford’s own factory. Corrugated metal on great thick monoplane wings was a German development, used in Junker JU-52 planes that were flying the Berlin-Rome-London route. Trimotors were flown by airlines, oil companies and wealthy individuals. The Ford Trimotor and Junkers JU-52 were pioneering aircraft that led to generations of Douglas and Boeing fleets of aircraft, soon to criss-cross the world.