8kW Standby Generator with 50 Amp 10 Circuit Automatic Transfer Switch
Stop letting power outages interrupt your life. Protect your home and family from the uncertainty of power outages by keeping the lights on and basic household appliances running. The 8kW standby generator affordably covers your home's basic circuits providing backup power to your lights, refrigerator, television and other small appliances.
Designed to fit any property, its flexible placement options and compact size make backup power a reality for many homeowners. Trust the power experts at Briggs and Stratton for complete peace of mind.
The 50 Amp, 10 circuit transfer switch powers only a selected number of circuits. It's usually installed outside or right next to your circuit box, it is the brain behind your generator system. Its job is to sense when your power is out, and automatically "switch" on your generator and manage backup power to your home.
- More power in a smaller generator:
- One of the most powerful units of its kW class
- High power output per square inch of its footprint
- Provides backup electricity to more of your household appliances
- Flexible placement:
- Tested against the tough National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard
- Can be placed as close as 18in from the home providing more placement options in your yard
- Perfect for tight lot lines
- Essential power: Covers the basics by powering only a selected number of circuits
- Premium engine:
- Designed for standby applications
- Engine delivers improved reliability, performance and durability to meet your power demands during a power outage
- Durable enclosure:
- Made from the same rust-resistant, durable Galvanneal steel that is found in the automotive industry
- Automotive-grade paint process results in protection against chipping and abrasions
- Quick response: Automatically powers your home in seconds after sensing a power outage
- Easy monitoring:
- Simple, trouble-free monitoring
- Optional basic wireless monitor
- Protects your home and family:
- Thermally protected fuel system which automatically shuts off the unit during an emergency
- All-steel enclosure and base endure temperatures more than double that of aluminum and far beyond that of plastic
- 500cc Engine
- Fully Automatic operation
- 12./240V AC, Single Phase, 1.0 pf
- Alternator Type - Brushed, Computer Friendly
- Fuel Consumption (Cubic Feet per Hour @ 1/2 Load)- 1.04 gal/hr (LP) 94 ft3/hr (NG)
- Fuel Consumption (Cubic Feet per Hour @ Full Load)- 1.57 gal/hr (LP) 121 ft3/hr (NG)
- Overcrank Protection
Note: Installations must strictly comply with all applicable codes, industry standards, laws and regulations. Running engines give off carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, poison gas so it is important to keep exhaust gas away from any windows, doors, ventilation intakes or crawl spaces. Carbon monoxide detectors must be installed and maintained in your home.
|Listing:||, EPA, CSA Listed|
|Warranty||3 Year Limited|
|Generator Power Source||Natural Gas, Propane|
The type of generator you need is largely determined by the application you want to use it for. Some generators are used for powering whole buildings in emergency situations while others provide portable AC power anywhere you want to go.
|Generator Type||Standby Generators|
Write an online review and be the first to share your thoughts with other customers
Tag This Product
|Mfr Part #|
|Category||Generators - 1989|
You currently have no recommended items. Browse a few more items to give us an idea of what you like.