Old Modern Handicrafts T062 S.S. Gaelic Model
S.S. Gaelic Model
Display this beautiful model right in your own home or office! Master craftsmen meticulously handcraft this highly detailed wood model from scratch using historical photographs, drawings or original plans. It is built to scale with high-grade wood and is 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method, similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
- Features two decks and four rows of metal pin and wood stripes on each side of the ship
- Four large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand
- Three lower yards have attached hand-stitched rolled-up sails made of fine linen
- Metal anchors and wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship
- On the deck are authentic hand-built lifeboats with ribs and planks, metal steering wheel, smoke stack and windlass, captain’s dining and sleeping cabin, and many other handcrafted ornaments
- Comes standard with solid wood base and brass nameplate
The SS Gaelic was built by Harland & Wolff of Belfast, Ireland, for the White Star Line and weighed 4,206 tons. The maiden voyage was on February 28, 1885, and the ship made Pacific crossings for the Occidental & Oriental Steamship Co., from 1885 to 1904. The Gaelic was refitted by Harland & Wolff in 1905 and sold to the Pacific Steam Navigation Co. in the same year and renamed Callao, but was retired and broken up in 1907.
|Statues & Figurines Subject||Sailing|
|Statues & Figurines Type||Table Top|
Write an online review and be the first to share your thoughts with other customers
Tag This Product
|Mfr Part #|
|Category||Statues & Figurines - 797|
You currently have no recommended items. Browse a few more items to give us an idea of what you like.