What to Look for in a Medicine Cabinet
If you are looking for a way to keep your bathroom organized without over-crowding, a medicine cabinet is a must have.
Keep It Clean
Medicine cabinets are perfect for storing things that are used regularly such as toothpaste, hair spray or lotion as well as items that may be needed at times when you don’t want to waste time searching such as medicine, band aids, athletic tape and more.
One of the best benefits of medicine cabinets is that they have two uses – cabinet and mirror, which makes them perfect for small rooms such as a bathroom where space saving is a key decorating technique.
Shape Things Up
The majority of medicine cabinets are shaped like a rectangle, but round and other nonstandard shapes are available. Rectangular medicine cabinet are most widely used because they usually fit the best on a narrow wall in bathroom, however if you have the space, a nonstandard shape can be a fun way to incorporate style and design into your bathroom.
Don’t Forget Style
Another important feature to look for when shopping for medicine cabinets would be style and finish. Everyone’s home is decorated a little differently and there are so many medicine cabinets available that you shouldn’t have a problem finding the perfect fit. Styles include modern, traditional and transitional. Finishes include white, steel, black, chrome, nickel and more.
Don’t Forget The Details
Some points to think about when shopping for a medicine cabinet besides style, shape and size are:
- Cleaning: Nothing looks better than a sparkling medicine cabinet, so plan on having to wipe it down every week or two. All glass medicine cabinets might be easier to clean since there is no place for dust to settle in the crack of a frame.
- Weight: Mirrors and medicine cabinets can be very heavy, so it is important to take note of how much the medicine cabinet you ordered weighs so that you can recruit someone to help you install it when it comes in.
- Installation: Medicine cabinets should generally be screwed into studs for the most secure installation. Check out the available wall space in your bathroom to find the safest place to install a medicine cabinet.
- Door opening direction: Some medicine cabinets are made to open both ways while other only open one direction. Ensure you are purchasing a medicine cabinet that will open into a doorway where it could be crushed or anything like that.
- How to Buy a Walk-In Tub
- How to Accessorize your Bathroom
- All About Towel Bars
- Hot to Choose a Bathroom Mirror
Lastly, before making a final decision on which medicine cabinet is best for your needs, it is a good idea to take inventory of what products you are hoping to store in your new medicine cabinet to ensure that you purchase one with enough space to fit your needs.
You currently have no recommended items. Browse a few more items to give us an idea of what you like.